Jai Williams died in a hot tub in January at Florence Springs Glamping site in Tenby (Picture: Media Wales/Wales Online)

A man had taken a cocktail of drugs before being found dead in a hot tub at a glamping site, an inquest heard.

The court heard how Jai Williams, from Caerphilly in Wales, arrived at Florence Springs Glamping and Camping in Tenby on January 22, 2022.

But the next day paramedics were called to the scene and found Mr Williams, 21, dead just after midnight.

A post-mortem examination found Mr Williams’s medical cause of death as poisoning and a combination of cocaine and fluvoxamine toxicity.

The court heard how he had taken prescription drugs like Valium (diazepam) and became regularly involved with drugs from the age of 14.

Coroner’s officer James Lang said Mr Williams had a difficult upbringing and became so involved in the local drug scene people attacked his relatives because he owed them dirty money.

He spent some time homeless after being released from prison last year before being provided with a council house in summer 2021.

But the court heard how Mr Williams’s family believed he was taking positive steps.

Mr Lang said: ‘Drugs were a big part of his life and he had some mental health issues.’

Assistant coroner for Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, Gareth Lewis, said: ‘I am satisfied that Jai Williams had taken a fatal concoction of drugs.’

He issued a formal conclusion of a drug-related death.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.


published 2022-11-16 18:27:48